Want to know The Truth About CPM?

04 July 2012

Developing Essbase Applications now available on Kindle

The title of this post says it all.  

If you love (or loathe, I really don’t care at this point) advanced Essbase knowledge, and have an aversion to paper (that should be me, as I have over 14 – yes, that’s right, 14, or is it 15, or is it 16? They are spread around several houses – bookshelves full of dead trees with lots of mostly completely useless  knowledge on them and it’s a lot of books), then you can buy, buy, buy a copy of what is surely the greatest (and only) advanced Essbase book there ever has been, Developing Essbase Applications, on one of those new-fangled eBook thingys.


Yes, I said it would be two months before ebooks at Kscope12 because that is what T&F told me.  Go figure.  Whoever has a Kindle and lives anywhere near me, or even if you don’t live anywhere near me – buy the silly thing and take and send a snapshot of it for me – I am so curious to see what it looks like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron,

Thanks again for an exciting experience at KScope! I am loving the book- really great tips in there. Are there any plans on allowing us hard-cover purchasers to be able to grab the digital version that we could use on iPads?

Regards,
Kris Calabro

Cameron Lackpour said...

Kris,

I'm glad you like the book -- it was a labor of love.

As for being able to transfer a hard cover purchase to the digital version, I don't know, but will ask the publisher. I've not heard anything about it, but anything is possible.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Anonymous said...

Cameron,

Got your book and going through it and already I like it. I think it is a good idea to have a separate comments section for questions, suggestions and also for a very few spelling mistake corrections so that the next batch of books can be without them.

Regards,
Pat

Cameron Lackpour said...

Pat,

Are you saying that there is a comments section on the Kindle release?

I am very curious to see what mistakes are in the book -- we had an interesting time during the proofing process taking *out* some of the technical changes the publisher's proof readers put in. One that kills me is the description of Essbase as (Extended Spread Sheet dataBase) -- I know the real name (which was "Number Buddy", believe it or not). I very definitely redlined the description and yet there it is in the book. Perfection is something that we will not achieve in this world, no matter how hard we try. And we tried, really, really, really hard. Such is life.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour