Want to know The Truth About CPM?

02 September 2016

Tim and Cameron's most excellent 00W 16 EPM meetup

Uninsanity

Uninsanity?  Why not?  After all, unlikely, unwieldly, and undesirable are all words in good old American (or, if you’re not from the States the Queen’s English).  As Humpty Dumpty once said, “When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.”  And why not?  All I am doing is casting off the chains of restrictive and prescriptive grammar that are nothing but the dead hands of those of long ago who had this crazy notion of clear and concise writing and replacing them with words of my own making but clear(ish) intent.  I should note that this did not work as a strategy in English class – I commonly got A/F grades, i.e. A for content and an F for grammar.*  So sort of like this blog then.  

The old saw that defines insanity as doing the same act again and expecting different results most definitlely does not apply to at least one aspect of my professional life – Tim’s and Cameron’s Most Excellent Oracle OpenWorld EPM Meetup.  We’ve done it every year since 2012 and it has gone from strength to strength, a prime example of uninsanity.

I’ve written about that success in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.  See, I told you so.  Unpossible.  Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?  

2016 is no exception:  Tim’s and Cameron’s Most Excellent Oracle OpenWorld EPM Meetup is coming to an Oracle Open World near you on 20 September 2016, 7:00 pm till whenever, at the Hyatt Regency Eclipse Lounge.  To quote the meetup.com invitation:
This is where the elite EPM geeks eat, meet, and greet. Tim and Cameron are hosting this unique networking and (fun, really fun) meetup for the fourth year in a row. Let's make 2016 the best yet!

It is a lot of fun.  You’ll meet like minded geeks, a gaggle of ACEs, maybe Oracle product management, and Tim Tow (yay!) and Yr. Obt. Svt. (groan!).

If you’re at Open World 2016 or are local to San Francisco, this is your chance to do all of the above.

Join us, won’t you?

Unpossible

*Seriously, I hated English class.  And it was “gifted” as well.  If there was ever an example of ungifted, I was it.  I’d love to send my various long-suffering English teachers a copy of my Developing Essbase books; I’ll bet they’d be as surprised as I am.  Also, Mr. Minsky my parallel English teacher, wherever you are, thanks for teaching me the three point essay.  You cannot imagine how many times I went back to your lessons.  There’s a message there about teaching styles and learning.  Who knows if anyone has ever learnt anything reading this blog but a man can hope.

No comments: